Welcome to Poughkeepsie
Babe Ruth - Cal Ripken Baseball
Our league consists of Cal Ripken Divisions:
TBall ages 4-5, Rookie: Rookie A (Coach Pitch) 6-7 and Rookie AA (Player Pitch) 7-8, Minors 9-10, Majors 11-12 and
Babe Ruth Divisions: Juniors 13-15, Seniors 16-18. For more information see About Our League.
Questions about our league? Check out our FAQ or contact us.
Check out the Babe Ruth League website for the latest
general rule and bat rule changes.
How to Keep Kids Interested in Sports
Are your kids losing interest in sports? Check out this
on the Sports Signup blog.
What kind of sports parent are you?
Are you a nightmare sports parent or a great one? Check out this
article written by Steve Henson to find out.
Interested in Umpiring? Contact Joe Goldsmith: 845-463-5827
There will be a meeting for new umpires on Feb 24 at 7:30. You must be at least 13 years old. Contact Joe Goldsmith for details.
Do you want to volunteer?
You can help improve our league!
- Concession stand volunteers: Thank you to all who volunteered during the spring and fall seasons!
- Throughout the season there will be opportunities to help with the fields. Please consider spending a few hours helping to make our fields better.
We need volunteers for a successful season.
Are you a facebook member?
You can join us on
Player Evaluation Schedules
|Saturday March 1, 5:00-6:00|
|Junior||5:00 - 6:00||A-Z|
|6:00 - 7:00||A-Z|
**NOTE: Please contact us (email@example.com) if you need to attend this session
|Sunday March 2nd, 2:00 - 5:00|
|Minor||2:00 - 2:45||A-L|
|Minor||2:45 - 3:30||M-Z|
|Major||3:30 - 4:00||A-K|
|Major||4:00 - 4:30||L-Z|
Evaluations are being held at The Field - 85 Airport Drive, Wappingers Falls
League Capital Improvements
Our league is a non-profit 501c(3) organization run entirely by volunteers. Funds remaining after
covering general league expenses are used to improve
the league. Here are some of the planned improvements:
- Tilcon Field - brand new field to be completed for Opening Day 2014.
- Crown Heights Clubhouse (formerly known as South Road Civic Center) - major renovations.
- New Dugouts at Crown Heights field.
- New storage shed.
- New fencing at New Hamburg, Crown Heights and Hillis fields.
- New 'Train the Trainer' program.
- New catchers equipment.
- New items at Red Oaks Concessions.