Welcome to Poughkeepsie
Babe Ruth - Cal Ripken Baseball
Our league consists of Cal Ripken Divisions: TBall ages 4-5, Rookie ages 6-8, Minors 9-10, Majors 11-12 and Babe Ruth Divisions: Babe Ruth 13-15, Senior Babe Ruth 16-18. For more information see About Our League.
Pitchers, Parents and Coaches - think safety first!
With town, travel and school ball make sure you are playing it safe. Here are some guidelines to consider.
How to Keep Kids Interested in Sports
Are your kids losing interest in sports? Check out this article on the Sports Signup blog.
What kind of sports parent are you?
Are you a nightmare sports parent or a great one? Check out this article written by Steve Henson to find out.
Interested in Umpiring? Contact Joe Goldsmith: 845-463-5827
League Capital Improvements
Our league is a non-profit 501c(3) organization run entirely by volunteers. Funds remaining after covering general league expenses are used to improve the league. Here are some of the planned improvements:
- Tilcon Field - brand new field to be completed for Opening Day 2014.
- Crown Heights Clubhouse (formerly known as South Road Civic Center) - major renovations.
- New Dugouts at Crown Heights field.
- New storage shed.
- New fencing at New Hamburg, Crown Heights and Hillis fields.
- New 'Train the Trainer' program.
- New catchers equipment.
- New items at Red Oaks Concessions.
|Jun 20||Championship Saturday|
See Calendar for details
|Red Oaks Mill||Open||05-23-2015|
Do you want to volunteer?
You can help improve our league!
Concession stand volunteers: Signup to get back the volunteer credit!
- Sign up to volunteer at the Red Oaks Mill concession stand.
- Sign up to volunteer at the Crown Heights concession stand.
- Throughout the season there will be opportunities to help with the fields. Please consider spending a few hours helping to make our fields better.
We need volunteers for a successful season.
Castaldo's Deli on Route 9 South (just past Staples) is going to donate 5% of sales on Saturdays during the season back to the league. They are also serving Gifford's ice cream, one of the best ice creams in the country. Stop by and give it a try !