Welcome to Poughkeepsie
Babe Ruth - Cal Ripken Baseball
Our league consists of Cal Ripken Divisions: TBall ages 4-5, Rookie: Rookie A (Coach Pitch) 6-7 and Rookie AA (Player Pitch) 7-8, Minors 9-10, Majors 11-12 and Babe Ruth Divisions: Juniors 13-15, Seniors 16-18. For more information see About Our League.
How to Keep Kids Interested in Sports
Are your kids losing interest in sports? Check out this article on the Sports Signup blog.
What kind of sports parent are you?
Are you a nightmare sports parent or a great one? Check out this article written by Steve Henson to find out.
Interested in Umpiring? Contact Joe Goldsmith: 845-463-5827
Do you want to volunteer?
You can help improve our league!
- Concession stand volunteers: Thank you to all who volunteered during the spring and fall seasons!
- Throughout the season there will be opportunities to help with the fields. Please consider spending a few hours helping to make our fields better.
We need volunteers for a successful season.
League Capital Improvements
Our league is a non-profit 501c(3) organization run entirely by volunteers. Funds remaining after covering general league expenses are used to improve the league. Here are some of the planned improvements:
- Tilcon Field - brand new field to be completed for Opening Day 2014.
- Crown Heights Clubhouse (formerly known as South Road Civic Center) - major renovations.
- New Dugouts at Crown Heights field.
- New storage shed.
- New fencing at New Hamburg, Crown Heights and Hillis fields.
- New 'Train the Trainer' program.
- New catchers equipment.
- New items at Red Oaks Concessions.
See Calendar for details
Winter Workouts and Spring Travel Baseball
- Affordable cost.
- Open to all players ages 8-15 as of 4/30/2015.
- Play with the league you know and trust.
- Play with your friends and classmates.
- Play in your home fields.
- Play Poughkeepsie Lightning!!
- The workouts are open to everyone in the age group once we meet the current team size criteria of 12 -14 players.
- There will be a total of 12 workouts (8 inside and 4 outside (weather permitting)
- Winter workouts with the all star manager* chosen for your age group. Winter workouts will have extra hands with older players helping to instruct the players and assist the manager and coaches.
- Teams will play on Sunday in a travel league based on the team's overall skill.
- All Star manager will have final say on the players on the team.
- Interested? Want to know more? On Sunday, October 19th during our annual meeting which begins at 7pm, we will answer any questions that anyone may have.
- Total Cost for the total program is $225 per player. A financial commitment of 50 (fifty) dollars is due by November 3rd if you are interested.
Congrats to the 8U All Star Team - District Champ and ENY State Champions !
Congrats to the 10U All Star Team - District Champ and ENY State Runner Up !
Congrats to ALL of our other All Star Teams for making it to States (9U, 11U, 13U and 15U all District Runner Up and 12U District 3rd Place).